Job Vacancy: Harbour Master at Rosslare Europort
Iarnród Éireann seeks applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Harbour Master at Rosslare Europort.
Iarnród Éireann seeks applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Harbour Master at Rosslare Europort. The position of Harbour Master is key to the safe and efficient management of the port. The Harbour Master is a member of the Executive Management Team, reporting to the General Manager. The Harbour Master is responsible for all aspects of running the port’s Safety, Security and Environmental Protection System including Pilotage, berth allocation, VTS, ongoing development of work procedures, emergency response, and provision of training and working with a wide range of stakeholders. The role requires an in-depth understanding of ship operations including Ro-Ro passenger and freight ferries, bulk carriers and cruise ships.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and possess excellent management skills, the ability to motivate to a skilled workforce, communicate clearly and authoritatively both verbally and in writing and maintain relationships with key stakeholders both nationally and internationally. To qualify for consideration, candidates must have;
- A valid STCW II/2 Certificate of Competency as Master, (unlimited) valid for service in the Irish Mercantile Marine
- At least three years seagoing experience as Master or Chief Officer of a merchant vessel and/or three years’ experience as a Harbour Master, Deputy Harbour Master or Assistant Harbour Master in a comparable port
- At least three years seagoing experience as Master or Chief Officer of a merchant vessel to include command and ship-handling experience
- Knowledge of port/terminal operations
- Working knowledge of ISM, PMSC, ISPS and current Irish OHS Legislation
For a detailed Job Specification, please email recruitment [dot] rosslare [at] irishrail [dot] ie using the subject Harbour Master Job Specification. Application for the role is by email accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae to recruitment [dot] rosslare [at] irishrail [dot] ie using the subject Harbour Master role application.
The closing date for applications is: Friday 14th June 2019.