Job Vacancy: Harbour Master at Warrenpoint Port
Warrenpoint Port is currently recruiting for the position of Harbour Master
Warrenpoint Harbour Authority is Northern Ireland’s second largest port serving a hinterland which includes the southern part of Northern Ireland and the northern part of the Republic of Ireland. Located on the Belfast to Dublin economic corridor its geographic position is a distinct strategic advantage. In 2018 the Port delivered a record year trading where revenues increased by 5.3% and cargo tonnage to 3.6 million tonnes.
The Authority is currently seeking to recruit for the position of Harbour Master. Reporting to the Chief Executive, the successful candidate is responsible for the overall marine operations of Warrenpoint Port.
• Either STCW 95 11/2 (Masters Unlimited) Certificate of Competency (or equivalent) or a lesser STCW Qualification combined with relevant port operational experience
• Ensure the delivery of marine objectives, in line with the Port Marine Safety Code, including pilotage, marine services, conservancy, traffic management and emergency preparedness
• Familiar with normal harbour statutory undertakings, including International Ship and Port Facility Code
• For an exceptional candidate with landside logistics based expertise prepared to undergo contractual intensive marine-related training - existing harbour master credentials may be waived
• Ability to make day to day decisions and to prioritise work in line with operational requirements
• Understanding the operation of a busy commercial port and its components
• Experience of liaising with a cargo operations team in the programming of ship scheduling to maximise quay and storage efficiency
For a job specification or more information please telephone Mrs Mary Taylor at 028 417 73381 or email mtaylor [at] warrenpointharbour [dot] co [dot] uk.
To apply please submit a CV demonstrating how you meet the criteria to mtaylor [at] warrenpointharbour [dot] co [dot] uk by 12.00 hrs, 29 November 2019.
Warrenpoint Harbour Authority is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. All applications for employment are considered strictly on the basis of merit. Warrenpoint Harbour Authority welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants irrespective of religious belief, gender, disability, race, political opinion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or whether or not they have dependents.